These are some of the second grade teachers that dressed up for career day.
Me, my friends Sarah and Shannon. We all attended SHSU. Go Bearkats!!!
In school this week we've been encouraging our students to further their education after high school. We're calling it Education: Go Get It! Monday we dressed up as different careers, Tuesday we wore college shirts and Thursday we are going to wear shirts from the local middle school, junior high and high school. Each day we are talking about college and higher education. Monday we talked about different career options and how second grade can help them prepare. Tuesday we talked about going to college. I got on to Sam Houston State University's webpage and showed them a few things. I went to the girls soccer and basketball pages and showed them Britni's picture. They all thought that was cool. Tomorrow we will talk about the military, trades and other options besides college, although I tell my kids they have to go to college. :) A lot of my kids wore their college shirts today. There were a lot of Horn fans! I wore SHSU of course, so did two other girls I teach with. We're having fun wearing our jeans all week and sharing some of our experiences with our students.











No comments:
Post a Comment