Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ike Update


Well Hurricane Ike hit early Saturday morning. We lost power somewhere between 11:30 and 2am. Jeremy, Kooper and I came over to my parents house on Friday, September 12 and we are still here. They got power back Sunday night, that would be Sunday, September 20th. Our house in Legends Ranch still does not have power so my parents are letting us stay until power is restored to our neighborhood. We are so ready to get back to our own house although we are very greatful to my parents for putting up with us for the past week and a half. Jeremy's mom let us come over and do laundry when my parents still did not have power, so thank you for that!! We did have a generator at my parents' house so that was nice but you don't realize how much you miss something until its gone! Kooper did very well through all of it but I can tell he's ready to be back in his own bed, he's been sleeping in a pack -n- play for the past week and a half. I tried to take a picture of Kooper each day to document the days without power but I missed a couple days and now its just getting old, especially since my parents have power now. We will continue to check our house each day for power and hopefully it will be restored soon, they are saying Thursday, but we will hope and pray for sooner. I hope everyone fared well through the storm, although it was a pain not having power we were very lucky. We had no damage to our house and most importantly we were all okay, so I am very thankful for that. To all who did have damage, just remember things can be replaced and if you need any help please let me know. I now pray that we don't have another hurricane for a long while.

No comments:

Relay For Life 2009

Jeremy's Graduation

Happy St. Patrick's Day